It is the beginning of the day and you are getting ready for the Kick-off meeting. Today will be challenging; development and business need to get aligned on the goals before the team can start sprinting. You're ready! You breathe agile, can synthesize the most complex problems and make them understandable for everyone. You challenge the client to discover the project’s true needs, and help them in expressing these needs while enablingand encouraging the team to deliver quality products. And of course.. you bring happiness. Truckloads of happiness.
Is client satisfaction your middle name? Do you have the Agile manifesto tattooed onto your back? Do you dream in user stories? If so, we just might be looking for you! At WE ARE REASONABLE PEOPLE, a team of 50 designers and developers work on the mostexciting and impactful digital innovations for our clients! As we’re always looking for ways to improve the quality of our work, we have several openings for experienced project managers to join our team.
What we’re looking for
- You have 3-5 years of working experience in managing agile projects.
- You have a deep understanding of agile processes. You master Scrum / Kanban / Lean, but also know when waterfalling may be the right choice.
- You’re capable of helping the Product Owner in building and maintaining the product backlog of user stories, while simultaneously encouraging the team to deliver quality atevery sprint demo.
- You’re able to speak the user’s language and create meaningful user stories.
- You understand the value in each team member’s competence, and are aware of the interactions between team members within a multidisciplinary team.
- You know how to encourage, involve and educate your client within an agile process.
- You’re not only a team player; you facilitate teamwork. We believe a project manager is also a leader. Leaders encourage team members to succeed and grow as both peopleand professionals.
- You breathe quality. You ensure that the completed stories meet acceptance criteria and that the appropriate (automated or manual) testing has been completed prior to release to production.
- You’re all about creating alignment and clarity.
- You’re visible to the team and to the client. You participate in daily standups, sprintplanning meetings, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- You’re an excellent communicator, both verbally and written. People have a natural tendency to approach you. English speaking is a must, Dutch speaking is a plus.
- We expect you to have a great sense of initiative and take ownership. You shouldtake pride in delivering great projects with your team. You’re the person that should recommend process changes, define a vision and scope, and you proactively communicate the project vision to business leaders, stakeholders, and users.
What we offer
- Our international team is based in the heart of Rotterdam, with opportunities to work around the globe
- We pride ourselves on working with market-leaders in order to create a real impact and offering one of the steepest growth curves you can find
- We’re invested in all of our employees, and help them with a personal growth plan. We want you to keep growing with us, which is why we have weekly knowledge sharing sessions as well
- We offer competitive primary and secondary benefits, including an occupational pension plan, flexibility and the best coffee you could possibly find in an office